Thursday, October 25, 2012

Christina Aguilera makes final 'steal' with Cee Lo on 'The Voice'

Christina Aguilera saved her one and only "steal" option for the very last blind audition on "The Voice" Tuesday.
Exercising the option to bring a nearly eliminated contestant to her team, Aguilera picked up former Lady Gaga background singer Chevonne.
"Because she surprised me with her dynamic performance, I chose her for my team," Aguilera said after stealing Chevonne from Cee Lo.
As seen prior to the big "steal," Chevonne performed a highly energetic rendition of "Titanium" with fellow contestant Avery Wilson. Noting Wilson's ability to connect with the audience and perhaps do a little bit better with less than more, Cee Lo Green opted to retain Wilson.
Excited about Christina Agulera picking her up, Chevonne said the "Your Body" singer was like an "idol" to her. She also referenced a song from Aguilera's debut album, titled "I Turn To You," as being inspirational.
"Christina I'm so excited," said Chevonne. "I won. I'm on "Team Christina." One of my idols."
Both Chevonne and Avery Wilson will compete in the knockout round next week. That round will pit them against other members of their teams with the possibility of being eliminated.
"The Voice" returns Monday night at 8 p.m. on NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment